Thursday, December 16, 2010

Rule # 1: Sleep!

Nothing makes a day more likely to suck than not getting enough sleep, especially when you're trying to lose weight.  Weight loss is an emotional thing and lack of sleep makes you irritable and unstable right from the beginning.  It automatically puts you in a bad place.  It's hard to stay on plan when you already feel crappy, and this is so avoidable, not to everyone I realize, but certainly to me, and definetely worth working on.  I always feel so stupid when I've just eaten something terrible and I realize that there was no good reason, I was just having a crappy day because I'm tired and headachy and irritable.  It's like accidentally losing a finger because you were cutting vegetables after having deliberately coated your knife hand with butter.  Why would you do that?  There's no good reason for that.  Don't do that.

-Amber

No comments:

Post a Comment